Here is a practice to check your pronunciation, see if you know the difference between meanings of the similar words..
1. did you check the chick? When did you check the chick? Who checked the chick?
2. her sore wrist needs a rest.
3. he nicked his neck shaving.
4. they left their ten-pound weights at the gym.
5. They lift their ten-pound weights at the gym.
6. please show us the litter.
7.Please show us the letter.
8. where did you put the pen?
9. where did you put the pin?
10. what a miss!
11. what a mess!